top of page

How do I apply for a pardon?


You may apply to the Pardons Board for an Absolute Pardon, which is an absolute erasure of your criminal record, THREE (3) YEARS after the date of disposition of your most recent MISDEMEANOR conviction and FIVE (5) YEARS after the date of disposition of your most recent FELONY conviction.


If you have a case that was “nolled,” you are not eligible to apply for any type of pardon until the nolle has cleared.  A nolle remains for a period of thirteen (13) months after the date of disposition by the court.


Additionally, you cannot be on any form of supervision when applying for an Absolute Pardon, have any pending charges or open cases in any other jurisdiction (state or federal). 


PLEASE NOTE:  You cannot apply for erasure of one offense and not another. Only your entire criminal history will be considered for a full pardon. 



Once you have determined if you are eligible, download the instructions to apply for a pardon below. You will be taken to a document detailing the  entire process.

You will need to make an account via the ePardon portal in order to complete this process. Follow the link below to begin.

If you need further assistance or have portal related issues, contact the Board of Pardons and Paroles at (203) 805-6643.

bottom of page